Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is recognized worldwide for its Chemfab® non-stick solutions and maintains over 40 years of product and process development experience. We hold a prominent position as the global leader in PTFE coated fabrics, PTFE fabric laminates and silicone coated fabrics used in consumer applications for food processing, electronics, photovoltaic, environmental and energy, and in industrial applications in polymer processing, packaging and textiles.
Chemfab® non-stick solutions is of benefit in numerous applications where high temperature, chemically resistant, and flexible advanced materials are required. Our ongoing product development is application specific and customized to provide superior value to the customer. Our strengths lie in our continued investment and commitment to R&D and manufacturing technology.
Norton® Flight Structures, another group within Coated Fabrics, is a leading global supplier of radomes for aircraft and air vehicles. These radome applications vary from private and light aircraft installations to large commercial aircraft. Saint-Gobain manaufactures many radomes as an OEM, and also manufactures nose radomes of its design for air transport, commuter, corporate, and general aviation aircraft. The group is also experienced in maintenance of radomes.
Fabricated and Protective Systems utilizes high-tech composites to provide end-use products and complete engineered systems for very demanding applications. Fabricated Systems custom designs communications equipment, i.e. radomes, antenna covers and shelters, and electromagnetic windows. The Protective Systems group develops chemical and biological protective products utilizing advanced fabric technology and conversion of these fabrics.
Additional Brands and Products
- Chemlam® PTFE fabric laminates combine all the resistance properties of advanced fluoropolymer films with the mechanical strength of fiberglass and aramid fabrics.
- Chemstik® and CHR® PTFE fabric tapes are comprised of PTFE coated and/or laminated fabrics with a pressure sensitive adhesive on one side.
- Darlyn® and Flueflex® expansion joint membranes provide high strength, chemical and temperature resistance and used in exhaust ducting systems for major power plants and industrial installations.
- Chemsil® silicone glass fabric represents both one and two-sided silicone coated fabrics, making excellent non-stick release properties and good chemical resistance, but with higher levels of surface friction.
- CHR® pressure sensitive adhesive tapes in a variety of film, fabric, metal, laminations or paper substrates.
- SlipGrip® silicone glass fabrics is an innovative combination of PTFE coating on one side and silicone on the other which provides a "slippy" low friction surface on side, and a "grippy" higher surface friction on the other. Ideal material to create a removable non-stick work surface.
- Sheerfill® architectural membrane used in permanent structures made of fiberglass and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). Available in various strengths and light transmission levels.
- Fabrasorb® acoustical absorptive membranes used as liners in architectural membrane systems to enhance the thermal and sound characteristics of fabric roof systems.